As a part of the mental health awareness campaign, this picture appeared in my Instagram feed (I know, how cool and with it am I?).
It goes hand in hand with what we are creating at Hopper Hut, our farm holiday cottage.
- Nature walks – we supply a map of our area and the annual handbook for all National Trust properties – ✔
- Jam from our own blackcurrant as well as some cider from a nearby farmers’ market (admittedly not our own market, we can but dream) – ✔
- Wood and kindling for our tiny wood burner so that guest can engage in that primal need of staring into the fire – ✔
- While we are not wild about people carving pumpkins and bleeding all over our lovely wooden floor, we encourage them to bring their own socks and PJs, as well as their diaries to write stuff down – kind of ✔
- New hobby could be walking, cycling (we provide two bikes), birdwatching and maybe even cooking – ✔ ?
- Books books books! We breathe, eat and talk books and encourage our guests to become bookworms themselves – ✔
- There is always enough tea and coffee to create that hygge feeling – ✔✔ (see what I did there?)
- Comfy bed and reclining armchairs to relax in – ✔